At RoadCover we provide a service that offers a range of products to assist the everyday person with various time-consuming claims processes, as well as day to day hassles and unforeseen circumstances. If you are a RoadCover member there is no additional charge for this.
RoadCover today has transformed into a business that offers a full suite of Value Added Services, with our legal team and expertise forming the backbone of the organisation and services. We are here to help you. We care …
Due to RoadCover’s relationships with most banks and insurance companies in South Africa, Transaction Capital acquired a majority stake in RoadCover in 2016. Being part of a listed entity on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange(JSE) has given the business the ability to design new innovative services to offer our valued clients and customers.
The concept of RoadCover was created in the year 2000 by Mr Eugene Beck, after being involved in a road accident. During this accident, a car hit him while he was cycling on the road, causing him to be hospitalised with a broken collarbone. Mr Beck was then, for the first time in his life, exposed to the tedious and costly process of claiming from the Road Accident Fund (RAF). On completion of his Road Accident Fund claim 4 years later, Mr Beck only received half of what he was entitled to from the RAF. This was due to the fact that his legal fees were extremely costly. “There has to be an easier and more efficient way to claim from the Road Accident Fund” were his words when relaying his story and this was when he decided to start the RoadCover journey in 2004.
Our vision from the start was to give victims of motor vehicle accidents access to a working, cost-effective claims management system that would allow them to be compensated in full by the Road Accident Fund at no cost to themselves.
Our mission is to remove the very difficult and complicated process that an individual would need to go through when processing a claim with the Road Accident Fund, after being injured in a car accident by another negligent driver.
Our Vision is to help minimise the tedious daily to-do list that burdens consumers when it comes to Licence Disc Renewal.
Our Mission is to use technology and automation to our utmost advantage. This enables us to service you with a world class infrastructure and offer you solutions to your integration woes.
This service will assist with any legal problems at home, at work, with money or run-ins with the law. We provide assistance with items such as the selling of your vehicle or the need to complete tricky legal documents, assistance in completing legal documents for CCMA, child maintenance or unopposed divorce and more.
Saving you time and money where in-court representation is required, we arrange a cost-saving referral to one of our panel attorneys or to the relevant court at a reduced and negated rate with regular follow-ups to you and our panel attorney to ensure quality assistance.
The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is a public entity set up by the South African government aimed at making a compensation payment available to people injured, or dependants killed, in road accidents within South Africa as a result of third party negligence.
RoadCover removes the difficult and complicated process that an individual would need to go through when processing a claim against the Road Accident Fund, after being injured in a car accident by another negligent driver.
For the duration of the claim you will receive:
Procedures for Service
• Phone RoadCover (0860 RCOVER / 726 837) during office hours (8.30am to 4.30pm) and give the particulars of your membership
• Upon verification of the caller’s membership, he/she is provided a case number and referred to an assessing RoadCover legal practitioner for a
• The client is advised by RoadCover on the merits of their claim and potential way forward.
• In the case where a claim is deemed not valid for presentation to the RAF, RoadCover will send a letter to client with the particular reasons.
• If a claim is deemed valid, RoadCover will assist the client with all the documentation required for their submission.
• This includes additional legal consultations and reports, Medico-Legal reports and actuarial opinions for loss of earnings consequent to their
injuries. RoadCover assists the client with all the necessary administrative support and documentation preparation for their submission.
• An assessment of the medical expenses incurred as a direct result of the injury is done to ensure a balanced and fair medical claim. The claim is
then finalised, collated and with the claimant’s permission then presented on his/her behalf to the Road Accident Fund for settlement.
• RoadCover attends to all reasonable queries upon request for further particulars that the Road Accident Fund might require on pursuit of
settlement of the claim.
• RoadCover will limit its services where the assessor does not substantiate the merits of the case. If this is in conflict with the view of the
client or there is a material conflict between the client’s assessment and the assessors, the case will be referred to the RoadCover advisory
panel for review.
• Any costs incurred from a client, being approached by an outside party without the written consent of RoadCover, will not be for RoadCover’s
• The client is at all times free to get outside second opinions but the cost of these will not be borne by RoadCover unless approved in writing.
• The client is not obliged to use the services of RoadCover, in the event of which RoadCover will not be liable for any costs incurred by these
• RoadCover is only applicable to accidents that occur within South Africa.
• The premium must be fully paid up at the time of the accident.
• At the time of the accident the client must comply with all the legal and regulatory matters required by the Acts governing the Road Accident Fund.
• RoadCover does not guarantee a payment from the RAF.
We are all aware that our roads take a pounding from heavy traffic and changing weather patterns. This causes wear and tear to the roads, and the dreaded “Pothole” has become a nasty reality for all of us. The unfortunate reality is that the authorities that manage the roads are stretched in terms of resources and funding, thus potholes take a long time to be fixed. As taxpayers we have the right to expect more, however, we don’t have a clear channel to address this problem. This is where Pothole Cover comes in.
Pothole Cover was set up to serve the need around the massive pothole (and roadworks) problem on the South African Roads by alleviating the financial burden on drivers. Pothole Cover assists people (or insurance companies) in recovering the monies that they have paid out as a result of pothole damages to their (or the insured’s) tyres or vehicle. These recoveries are made from the relevant Road Authorities nationwide.
The Pothole Cover membership covers all the costs of lodging a claim against the Road Authorities. At the end of the claim period, individuals receive 100% of the payment made by the Road Authorities, with no hidden deductions. In addition, Pothole Cover undertakes to do all administrative management of the claim from start to finish. For the duration of the claim, you receive:
The Compensation Commissioner (CC) is a statutory body that makes provision of monetary compensation for work-related accidents or diseases.
WorkCover assists employers and employees with all the necessary administrative support and documentation in preparation for submission.
Membership to WorkCover allows the employer and employee to escape the administrative nightmare of processing, managing and finalising their claim with the CC.